Monday, February 6, 2012

In scrabble, if you play off another word, do you get more points?

I'm playing scrabble online and at the end of a word that my opponent played, it shows the number 38, will I get more points if I play off that word then I will if I play off another letter from a different word?In scrabble, if you play off another word, do you get more points?
Well it depends, you can get his points and make new points from making a word out of his word, but you wont get specials from his word (Unless YOUR letters are touching the specials but the specials will be counter towards your word not his).

Just playing off a letter would be better if you could hit the specials

Scrabbles all about hitting the specials : ) (try open the board up more for yourself and what suits you better, such as not using every vowel in one go unless its for a big move)In scrabble, if you play off another word, do you get more points?
"train" is the original word



you play :



T

R

A

I

N

S L E E P



you get credit for trains AND sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment