Thursday, February 9, 2012

Can I use a dictionary while playing Scrabble to find a word?

If I am having a hard time finding a word, is it legal to look about random words into the dictionary to find one I can use, while playing the board game (or online version) of Scrabble??

Thank you!!

And I don't mean about Challenging.Can I use a dictionary while playing Scrabble to find a word?
You can't do that if you are playing by standard rules. However, if it is a friendly game, and both players agree to use the dictionay, then it is fine. I play with friends and we often agree to allow the use of the dictionary to look for words. It slows the game a little, but does lead to higher scores, and we learn a lot of new words. We each bring our own scrabble dictionary when we play with that rule.
not in the way I think you mean. if you have a word in mind and are unsure of its spelling, you can announce the word to your opponents to get permission to look in dictionary. It's illegal to use dictionary for inspiration. (It's probably fairer to have an opponent look in dictionary for you)Can I use a dictionary while playing Scrabble to find a word?
scrabble is a game where you check how good your vocabulary is. so if you use a dictionary then its of no use.

you can keep a person who checks the words in the dictionary and tell you whether the word you have entered is as per the rules or not.Can I use a dictionary while playing Scrabble to find a word?
No,

You must put your word on the board and then look it up if it's a real word. Then if it's not, you get skipped this turn.
Not according to the official rules. You can consult the dictionary only when you are challenging the validity of a word played by your opponent.
no. its against the rules.

you can only use a dictionary after your turn to see if it was a real word if someone challenges it
No, not unless all players agree to play "open book" Scrabble beforehand.
No, it's not legal
I think so.I've done it before (i think).

No comments:

Post a Comment